CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fun at Boy Scout Camp

I never blogged about Carlos' Boy Scout Camp this summer. They had an LDS encampment. There were lots of boys! Carlos hates to go to camp...mainly because he hates sleeping in tents. He enjoys the comforts of home. I can't blame him. Apparently, he skipped some classes and didn't get all of the merit badges he could have. I could have KILLED him. After all, camp is NOT cheap. We are slowing making up the topics he missed in order to get all the required merit badges. The one thing he did do is sleep in the woods with other boys as part of the Wilderness Survival badge. He had to build a shelter to sleep in. That night there was a really bad storm. The leaders got the boys up and headed back to the main camp. Either Carlos didn't hear them (he is a hard sleeper) or they forgot him. All of a sudden, a piece of wood from the shelter fell on Carlos and hit his nose. It woke him up. Nobody was around. His flashlight was dead. He had to use the flashes from the lighning to lead him back to the main campground. I'm sure this was pretty scary for him. I guess it's a good thing he didn't build a very good shelter. (DISCLAIMER: This was the story I got from Carlos....who knows if all of it is true.) Here are some pics of him receiving the badges. I really did miss Carlos that week. They were gone a little longer than usual. He has grown up so fast. I'm proud to have him as a son and hope he will always know how special he is to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment