CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....







We had about 6-8 inches of snow yesterday and today. It's the most I've seen in years. The kids played in the snow 3 times yesterday when it was probably only 4-5 inches. This afternoon we played again. I slip and fell on the porch as I was trying to throw a snowball at Carlos. Of course, we all laughed. Poor Damon kept getting pushed in the snow by Trey. We had a good time. Grandpa Hernandez bought a couple of snow sleds a few days ago for the kids. Unfortunately, they were made for small kids. Trey is so skinny he could still fit in it. The still had fun playing with them. Daniel and the kids went on a long walk in the snow twice. I was having NONE of that. It's too cold and I'm too old. I had hot chocolate ready for them when they came home. We had snow cream tonight (vanilla extract, milk, sugar, and snow). Everyone liked it except Damon. Although we've had fun, I hate being snowed in. All I've done is cooked and eaten. I'm sure I've had to gain 5 pounds these past two days.

3 comments:

  1. Yes....other than being laughed at by my kids. I always fall or get hurt when we do stuff like this. Remind me to tell you about falling on a bridge when we went hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I'm glad you're ok. I feel the same way about the snow. Trev and kids went outside with McKay while Trina, Brooke, and I sat inside her house and hung out.

    ReplyDelete