CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

If you're friends jump off a cliff would you do it too?

Apparently, I would...it would just take me a little longer. After reading all the blogs of family and friends for months and months, I decided I would take a stab at it. I'm not sure how successful I'll be since I don't spend alot of time on the computer outside work. 1o hours a day of computer time at work tends to detour me from getting on the web socially.

As the kids are getting ready for summer, I decided their homework during the break will be a little different. They will have to ready a book each week and give me an oral report by Friday. If the oral report doesn't work, I'll be forced to change it to a written essay! My children have never enjoyed reading so I'm not sure how well this will work out. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. You are too easy. Only one book a week? Just kidding. This will be so important. My kids have always had school all summer, including math. Now that they (my children) are "grown" I have continued the tradition with my grandchildren. We have a backpack with math and readings that we will do, earning points for pleasures, like Wii accessories, movie passes, funtime on the computer, etc. We have also included the BOM as part of the reading. Age for reading does not matter. This way there is no stress, and I can keep "Alltimers" at bay for a little longer! :) Paulette

    ReplyDelete